Sunday, August 28, 2011

This year's destination...Peru!

Our Austin based multidisciplinary team will be serving the impoverished people in Callao, Peru. We will be there from September 26 to October 6th.

Though I've participated in roughly thirty medical missions, I'm just as excited about this one as I was my first.

I look forward to catching up with my Peruvian friend, Ruth, who lives in Lima and works as a translator. She is going to join us and bless us with her translation skills.

We may also have help from the sister of Winston. (I told you he is going to walk 5,000 miles across South East Asia.  Check out http://smiletrek.org) She is currently attending school in Lima.  It's miraculous how people's lives cross and connect when giving and serving others in need.

While in Peru, I hope to keep you updated with photos and...if I can figure it out...a video posted to YouTube.

I know many people like to donate clothing, and medical supplies like crutches and wheelchairs. Unfortunately, it's difficult to travel that far with those types of supplies.

You can send me monetary donations if you like or donate at http://www.austincatholicmedicalmission.org. Any other donations, I can give to my other team traveling to Eagle Pass on the Mexican border in November.

As always, any donations are appreciated but please keep our entire team and our work in your prayers. I'll communicate more later.

Thanks and Dios Le Bendiga! (God Bless You!)

No comments:

Post a Comment